Tuesday 17 September 2019

Self-Introduction Letter


Title: Self-Introduction Letter

Dear Professor Blackstone,

My name is Khamirul and I am writing this letter to introduce myself to you. I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic(NYP) with a Diploma in Electronic, Computer  and Communication Engineering. I have experience in C#, C++ and LabVIEW gained mostly through my course of study.

I am currently undergoing Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Telematics and I believe that this course provides opportunities to broaden my horizon in the field of engineering. I have keen fascination about the latest technologies and inventions. During my final year project, I developed an LED lighting controller. This course also covers on the Internet of Things which is beneficial for me to develop more advanced technologies.

I am able to talk concisely and fluidly. I believe that effective communication is a skill that has to be cultivated.  As a Vice-President of French Club, I held and oversaw club meetings and discussions. I have to convey my message in as few words and clearly as possible. However, I have a quiet personality that led me to have awkward conversations when approaching people. When I have gathered enough confidence, I am able to talk with them comfortably.

I would say that my presentation skills has improved slightly over the years in polytechnic. It took me a while to learn how to form sentences. I think with good communication skills, the receiver is able to comprehend fully the message being delivered. Therefore, my goals for the module is to be more comfortable with expressing myself and deliver presentations with good sentence structure. I hope to achieve my goals with your guidance and mentoring.



Best regards,

Khamirul

5 comments:

  1. Hi Khamirul! Great content! I really enjoyed reading yr post! Especially about the fact that yr the vice president of the french club. My advise would to be form better sentence structures. There are certain sentences that don't sound right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Khamirul,
    Thanks for the great post, I feel that it is good that you specifically give examples of contents you have studied in polytechnic. Although I would like to understand more about your Final Year project, and how it affected your choice of course in SIT. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading your self-introduction letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Khamirul,

    Thank you for this clear, coherent and complete self introduction. t is very informative. You've followed the model presented in class quite closely and produced a letter that addresses all the task requirements with quite a bit of detail. I appreciate the explanation of your background and interest in programming and engineering, and I applaud the focused, open review of your strengths and weaknesses in communication.

    It is also good to know that you have very specific goals for your work in the module. I'm certain we can address each of those. Of course, refining students' key skills of articulation are the heart of this module.

    In terms of language use, this is a well writtern letter. There are a few problems with the overuse of capital letters and with some missing commas. Let's see if you cand find those and revise for a final draft.

    I look forward to reading more of your writing this term.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Professor Brad,

      Thank you for your feedback. I will correct my mistakes as mentioned. I look forward to learning more from you and hope to improve my language skills under your guidance.

      Regards,
      Khamirul

      Delete

Final Draft - Product Summary and Analysis

The article "Integrating Lighting in the Internet of Things" (2018, Oct 29) shares insights about the advancement of lighting w...